- 1cup butter or 1 cupmargarine, softened
- 1cup sugar
- 1⁄2cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2tablespoons half-and-half (or light cream)
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3cup cocoa
- 1⁄4teaspoon baking soda
- 1cup chopped pecans
- 6ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add half-and-half and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa, and soda; add to creamed mixture, beating just until blended.
- Stir in chopped pecans and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes (do not overbake).
- Cool slightly on cookie sheet before moving to a rack.